iMac/iLife, all I can say is Wow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
When I purchased my iMac, the sales person was going on and on about iLife and Digital Photography etc. I assumed he was just giving me the sales pitch and I really didn't pay attention to him. For the most part I only use my home system for Finances (Quicken), Music (iTunes), e-Mail (Hotmail), and Web, so for the, the switch from PC to Mac was rather easy.

After playing around on the Mac for a few weeks, I will agree with the salesman that owning this system has completely changed the way I use home computers and work with my digital media.

In the past, I would basically just create a new folder in My Pictures and dump all my photo's from that vacation in there. Maybe edit a few, and maybe print a few, and that's about it.

In the past 2 weeks, I have taken my last group of vacation photos from a cruise I took in April. Made a 30 Min screen show set to music with them in iPhoto, exported the Movies to iMovie HD where I created 1 large movie with Chapters, and exported to iDVD. Took the video's from my Video Camera, edited them, and added titles, etc. and exported to the same iDVD. Customized the iDVD Theme with music, pictures, etc and burned a copy of it. It looked so good my wife got mad at me b/c she thought I hired someone to do it. Total time from start to finish = 3 Hours (not including the rendering/burning time)

Then I created a Book in iPhoto using some of the same pictures, organized it and customized it using one of the easy layouts that they have, and purchased it using the Buy Book button. I then took the PDF file of the album and hosted it on my .Mac Homepage to share with my family and friends. Does it get any easier than that?

I have never dreamed of being this creative with my digital images/video in the past and I must say that my iMac and iLife has completely changed my home computing experience. After seening the output from my iMac, some of my family and friends were som impressed, it looks like they are going to switch too. And to think, when I first purchased the iMac all I wanted to do was uninstall this "useless" application that I will probably never use.

Thank You,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
great story, and congrats on the switch and imac. many switchers try to use their macs like they used their windows boxes, and won't try out new things or anything, but part of the apple/mac experience is "thinking different", and it really is that easy if they would just try. ilife is really great even for beginners or inexperienced users, all part of the ease of use of mac.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is a great story!

E

EvoMac

Great to hear another successful switcher story! I switched over in Feb and not looking back.

B

badmojo

We need more stories like this on the forums. It gives noobs like me ideas about what's possible on a Mac.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
badmojo said:
We need more stories like this on the forums. It gives noobs like me ideas about what's possible on a Mac.

Thanks, Actually, the majority of the posts I always read are problems, I thought it would be nice to tell everyone how great my Mac expiriece is.

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
As if waiting for my new G5 wasn't hard enough already...

:cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.