boot camp - 'acquiring network address'?

Reaction score
Ok. I have an iMac OSX and have installed boot camp onto it.
I am able to transfer into windows XP perfectly fine however it will not connect to the internet. The connection is fine, changing from good to very good however the status will perpetually say 'acquiring network address'. The only reason I want to use boot camp is to play Call Of Duty 6 though because it wont 'acquire the network address' I am unable to play single player or online.

Please help,

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you trying to connect wireless? (I'm assuming you are) If so, are you using a router? Is the SSID broadcast turned on? Are you using encryption?

Have you gone through all the Windows settings?

Have you tried connecting an ethernet cable to your iMac to see if it works that way?

As you can see from all the questions above, we need to know more about what you've done and your setup in order to help you trouble shoot the problem.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.