New Mac User w/ Some Questions

Reaction score
So I just got a new MBA and its my first mac ever. I have some problems however.

-Remote Disc doesn't work AND "CD or DVD Sharing" settings are not present in the Sharing settings in the System Preferences

-I have been trying for days to get Windows 7 installed along side Mac OSX with no success. I have tried many methods. I do not have a SuperDrive. What seems to be my last hope is as follows:
-You can install Mac OSX off an external hard drive following a certain method. I wish to do the same except with a Windows 7 installation.

Is this possible? All I want is a dual boot system and all I have is an external hard drive.

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer a word or two.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem is that the Boot Camp installer will not "see" Windows 7 on an external hard drive or on a flash drive. There may be a work around available, you'll just have to try to search and see if you can find something.

The other solution which I know you probably have already explored is to buy the Apple external DVD drive for the MBA.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't need the Boot Camp installer to see Windows 7. I need the MBA to see it on start up. Cause thats not showing up and I have the partition ready to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Are you holding down option key when you hear the chime on startup?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.