Downloading/Saving files

V

vonedaddy

I have my mac set to ask me where to save something when downloading. I have noticed that I have few options where to save something. How can I save it to a subfolder? or be more precise where I want it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
assuming that your using safari

preferences > general and its in there, choose other and then it gives you the option

OP
V

vonedaddy

Ohh and just to clarify because I just checked safari. I know how to make it go to a different location but here is my problem.

I have a hd with lots of folders in it. I want to save a file to Documents>Zera>Art>Animals but when I try to choose where to download it I can not get to this location. I have to download it into a top level folder then copy it over. Any ideas>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you could right click or ctrl click the object in which you are trying to save and then click save as. maybe, just a guess.

OP
V

vonedaddy

This just gives me general options where to save. Like Documents, Pictures, etc... What if I wanted to save a file in a subfolder inside of pictures??

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Where it asks you to save, there should be a "New Folder" button in the lower left hand corner. Or you can just create a new folder in finder yourself, and then nagivgate to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
vonedaddy said:
This just gives me general options where to save. Like Documents, Pictures, etc... What if I wanted to save a file in a subfolder inside of pictures??

If you have an existing folder you want to save it to, there is a button with a downward-pointing triangle ( V )

Click on the button to reveal a file browsing dialog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
technologist said:
If you have an existing folder you want to save it to, there is a button with a downward-pointing triangle ( V )

Here are a couple of pics of what technologist was talking about. The arrow he is talking about is to the right of the "Save As" dialog box (upper right corner).

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

OP
V

vonedaddy

technologist said:

Thats what I was talking about. Thanks a million. Its weird when you know something like windows so good then use a computer where everything is different.

Again thanks a million

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.