• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What questions to ask when interviewing someone for a Mac tech position?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Mac newbie here and this is my first post, so hope this goes well...

The company I work for just upgraded all 9 macs in our environment with new machines running OS X Snow Leopard. Meanwhile, my boss is looking to hire someone with mac experience to support these machines along side with our regular wintel environment and would like me to come up with some tech questions to ask during the interview process. As a wintel person all my life with minimum mac exposure, I'm hoping experts here can share some ideas on what questions you would ask during the interview if you're hiring? This person would need working knowledge on mac environment, OS X, Adobe products and networking skills with Active Directory.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I think your last sentence already guided you in the direction for your technical questions. Technical skills can be assessed easily, the skill level can be assessed by doing a series of hands on test ( on a non-productive ) environment

Don't forget to assess the soft-kills like attitude, team player, engagement with stakeholder, clear thinking, interaction with customers, what are his career aspirations, what are his expectations of the role......
These are more important than technical skills.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The hardest part would be testing their knowledge of networking Apple computers with Windows servers.

Really, it's not that hard of a job. How much are you paying and where are you located?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.