Mouse System Preferences (please help)

Reaction score
I've been having issues with my mouse settings under the system preferences, specifically with the 'scrolling' option. I set the scrolling all the way up so I can scroll down websites a little bit quicker, but after a day or so, I will goto scroll and it will only move a tiny bit. I goto check the settings and the scrolling is now turned all the way down, everything else stays the same. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Maybe 'lock' the settings somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Are there more then one user accounts? Because I have experienced settings for different accounts being jumbled up before.

If you just have one account, try changing the setting, then log out and back in and see if it saved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP w/4GB of Ram
OS X's mouse preferences are sorta anemic. Try USB Overdrive. You'll be glad you did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.