MACBOOK PRO Turns on, Shows Apple Logo, and Shuts Off - HELP!

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 15" Macbook Pro. When I turn it on, it shows the Apple logo and the silver screen as if it is powering on, and then after a minute shuts off.

I assume this may be part of the problem: the CD drive is messed up, and has been for a while, so sometimes CDs get stuck in it and can't come up. This wasn't the case when I inserted the SnowLeopard OSx CD to upgrade, but was the case when I tried to eject it after installing the upgrade. So now the OS CD is stuck in my CD rom drive and I cannot power on my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
To get the cd out did you try turning it off, then back on and once you see the screen turn on (all gray) hold down the mouse button (trackpad button) until the cd comes out?

OP
J
Reaction score
I've tried that, but the CD Rom drive is messed up (I believe it was stepped on a while back), so the CD tries to come out (you can hear it), but it doesn't eject.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.