• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Pro - Log and Transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro - 2.5 GHz - 4 GB
The log and transfer in Final Cut Pro shows only the preview screen - the browser, Queue, and logging sections are gone. I have tried everything I know but can only see the preview pane. This makes it very difficult to use the log and transfer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi!

If you screen looks like:
logandtrans.jpg

Then there is a potentially easy solution - the harder solution is to try to drag the resize controls for the left panel and the bottom panel as many times they won't seem to move.

Try this - resize the window using this area:

logandtrans2.jpg

I know it sounds weird, but if you drag it the right lower corner and release, it should show the extra windows. It may take dragging it a couple times for it all to get back into place the way it should be.

Hopefully that takes care of your problem.

Reaction score
In testing this, the bottom right re-size corner will not reveal anything, just make the overall window size larger or smaller. You have to very carefully mouse over the left and bottom edges to get the "open drawer" cursor, then pull "in" towards the center of the window. It takes a couple of tries, but it'll bring back your drawers in the L&T window.

What made them disappear in the first place is grabbing the left and bottom drawer handles and dragging them "out" to the outer edge of the L&T window to hide them. Don't do this, it's a royal PITA to get them back! LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
It must be different in FCS3, in FCS2 - you can do that resize trick to get it to snap the windows back in place. I know it may seem hard to believe that this really works in FCS2 - but to show you, I whipped up a quick video of it you can see here:

http://www.ramicom.com/nethfel/ISUHD2.mov

As you can see, I start with the full L&T window, use the handles to remove the left and bottom, then use the overall window scaling in the lower right and just shift it a bit and they all snap back into position. And - before someone suggests that I changed something - this is on a fresh install (I had recently wiped my laptop as I was planning on selling it then decided to keep it for a while longer :) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.