Memory Upgrade

M

Mrclean

I will be purchasing my 14" iBook soon and I want to upgrade the memory to 512 or 768MB. Should I just get it done from apple.com or would I be better off buying it seperate. Also could a novice install the memory? So many questions.

OP
T

Tel

Cheaper to buy from someone like newegg, just make sure its compatible with your iBook (check the Apple website.) installing it is very easy, read your user manual for a proper explaination on how its done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
it depends on your budget. I upgraded to 768 and just bought it directly from apple. I really didn't want to spend the extra time or money hunting down memory. The cost wasn't too bad. I'd say 768 is the way to go; everything runs real smooth on my book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
BigBear said:
it depends on your budget. I upgraded to 768 and just bought it directly from apple. I really didn't want to spend the extra time or money hunting down memory. The cost wasn't too bad. I'd say 768 is the way to go; everything runs real smooth on my book.
Not to sound like a smart aleck, but you did spend the extra money when you got it directly from Apple. ;)
There is no 'hunting' involved...just get the RAM upgrade from Newegg. I just got a 1GB stick for my iBook from them for just over $100 bucks. Its a heckuva lot cheaper than Apple, and like Tel mentioned, its a snap to install it. Just order the RAM the same day as the iBook and there is no extra time either. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
ok ok, if you want to be lazy like me then get it directly from apple. ;) :yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.