Logitech Dual Action Game Pad questions

Reaction score
I have some questions about the Logitech Dual Action Game Pad and its compatibility with some games. the question is, are there 4 axis's fore each analogue stick (up, down, left, right) e.g on halo combat evolved there are only 2 (up/down lef/right) on each analogue stick. This question applies to the following games:

Battlefield 2142

Fable

COD4

Quake 4

Enemy Territory: Quake wars

Bioshock

Just say yes if there are 4 axis's available for these games (up, down, left, right)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just purchased that Logitech Dual Action Game Pad but use it on my Gaming PC for GTA4. I have not tried it on a Mac or with any of the games you mentioned. I will later try and look into some of your questions and see what I can figure out.

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
cool thanks, how well does it work on GTA IV?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
cool thanks, how well does it work on GTA IV?

Excellent. It reminds me of GTA4 on a PS3 with that controller. One reason I bought it is the Helicopter missions are a pain without a controller and just using the keyboard. Also there are so many moves that I could never easily get to work using the keyboard that are now easy as can be. It's well built and works great. It replaced a Microsoft Game Pad that just would not work in GTA4. The Logitech blows down the MS one in build quality also.

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
yeah, The only mac game I have that uses it is NFS Carbon. It works great (I hate playing racing games with keyboards)

OP
Mercedes1787
Reaction score
*BUMP* what about the Xbox 360 game pad, I know its not developed for mac but you can install drivers for it. Do both the left and the right analogue stick have 4 axis's for the games listed above (Up, down, left, right,) and also, is it compatible with all that games and some goes for the logitech dual action gamepad (if the Xbox 360 PC gamepad has 4 axis's with the listed games above, then I'll sell my Logitech and get the 360 PC gamepad)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.