Worth every penny

Reaction score
Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

I should make a commercial.

Reaction score
Speed, beauty, ease of use, and longevity aside, this computer just earned the right to last week's raping and pillaging of my bank account.

I spent the afternoon with my great aunt; 91, my grandmother; 87, and photo booth. I don't think I have ever seen either of them laugh like that before. The pointing and the giggling and the tears were endless. I left my grandmother's at around 4pm, at 7:30, she called me to ask if the sunglasses on her table were mine. I said I'd drop by in the morning to pick them up. "Are you bringing your computer with you", she asked.

I should make a commercial.

That sounds like a blast! Glad you all had fun.

To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

If you have dark hair use a white background that is well lit.

If your hair is blond/grey use a black background.

The background contrast is very important.

Illuminate your face with extra lighting because the flash from the screen is not enough. A flashlight will work.

The attire your wearing should be in contrast to the background as well.

Example: Blond hair, white shirt, white background will give you problems.

The more contrast the better.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it. ;)

OP
generic chick
Reaction score
Wait till they see the iPad.

Maybe I'll convince her to buy one for me to test drive. I think she'd be disappointed by the lack of camera though. Now that's a novel sentiment, isn't it? Perhaps my grandmother is more cutting edge and hip than she knew!

To get the most out of photo booth you can do the following:

Have fun!

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure you can have more fun than watching two little old ladies make fun of each other. My g-aunt actually pushed her sister out of the frame so that she could make her own forehead bulge "better".

You will have many more experiences where you're just like "wow, that was easy", or "I love how this works" or even just "wow!" as you continue your journey in learning about your Mac. Except now that you have that book, you can just read all of that ;D

It's a pretty good book, but I think the experience is outshining it.

You should. I'm sure Apple will also like the part about raping and pillaging of your bank account. ;)

People would buy more of them just because they admitted to the raping and pillaging, out loud!

That's so cool. My dad calls my MBP "the magic box". I get the impression he's impressed with it. ;)

Don't let him touch it, you'll never see it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
This is awesome to hear! :)

I've never had as much joy working on any computer as I did and still have with my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
That's truly a touching story in it's entirety it really is. Isn't it great how so much joy can come from such a beautiful and amazing machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
great story! i have done the same thing with my nieces and nephew, they love making faces and playing with the effects...great way to introduce the young and the old to the computer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.