Battery Problems

T

Tona

I update to 10.2.8 and my battery does not charge any more ... any suggestion???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
how do you know it's not charging? the ac adapter doesn't turn the amber or green color? please elaborate.

OP
T

Tona

Yes

I plug it to the electricity
and it does not change to ambar
it stays in green

And it is not turned on

When i turn it on just say Calculating until full
0 % Percent

If i unplug it, it continues working like 15 seconds
and then shutdown (no sleep) just shutdown

Any suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
try cleaning the connectors... they might not be touching each other well enough..

OP
M

macdummy

Same problem

Tona said:
I update to 10.2.8 and my battery does not charge any more ... any suggestion???
Tona
I experienced the SAME EXACT ISSUE!
My battery is only four months old. I bought it after my original PB battery would only last about a 1/2 hour. It was 2 years old so I figured it was time.
My new battery was working great until I updated to 10.3.8.
Now when I try to charge it, stays at 0% when I unplug from power, PB immediately goes to sleep.
I've tried a few things. Reset PRAM, guy at genius bar reset PMU(whatever that is.) tried putting my barrery in someone else's PB.
Nothing worked.
Finally sent battery back for a replacement. Still waiting.
Any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.