Wireless internet connection issues...

Reaction score
Have a G5 IMAC with an Airport Extreme wireless card. I've always used wireless on this computer with no problems. However I recently moved and I am having trouble picking up the wireless router. It gets 2 bars of a signal and the internet times out whenever I try to use it. Tried moving the router as close as I could and nothing. (it's a Netscape router I believe) My room mate's powerbook picks it up even from where my computer is no problem. Any way I can boost the signal from the computer or any settings I can dink around with? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
There must be interference of some kind, keep trying different locations for the router. If it becomes a major problem, look into replacing your wireless card. It isn't the router because it sounds like your roommate's computer can pick it with ease.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.