Garageband Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -- OS X 10.5.7 -- 2.8Ghz -- 2GB 667 MHz DDR2
Hello all, glad to finally register here after being just a reader for so long.

I've a problem with Garageband.

I've not used it for some time, and it's developed a problem which occurs when I open Garageband and try to "Open an Existing Project". I select the file I want and click 'Open', and then while the file is loading up, it freezes. I can't do anything except Force Quit.

Sometimes I can actually get to the menu and click to begin a new project, and the program starts up fine. Sometimes I don't even get that far.
Something new is obviously clashing with it but there's no way of telling what.

Is there any solution or will a re-install do the trick? :[

Many thanks in advance.

PS Dunno if it makes any difference, but the following comes up in the error report when it crashes; (along with a load of other stuff)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Try moving the Plist located at /users/youruser/library/prefereces/com.apple.garageband.plist to the desktop.
Start garageband and see if the problem persists.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -- OS X 10.5.7 -- 2.8Ghz -- 2GB 667 MHz DDR2
That has worked!! Fantastic, thanks for your help.

I'm not even going to try to understand what difference moving that file made (??).

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well, sometimes those files corrupt and then they wreck havoc to the application trying to read them.
You can now (if you haven't already) delete it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.