OS 10.2.8 and Firefox won't play nice with monster.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 Ghz Mirrored drive door G4
I am running 10.2.8 on a 1.25 Ghz dual-processor, mirrored drive door, G4, along with the newest version of Firefox it will support.

I am not able to get monster.com to work; I can't even log in. No surprise to you, I am wanting to access monster because I was laid off from my job last Friday. Buying a new computer is not an alternative just now.

Is there a solution to this? Is there a browser I could support with 10.2.8 that would access monster.com?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try using Safari, which is part of the OS. Make sure you have cookies enabled (although I don't think you can disable them).

According to Mozilla, FFox 1.5.0.1 should work with OS 10.2.8.

C

chas_m

I wish you luck with this, but ultimately the problem is that the web has moved on pretty far away from the days of 10.2.8. Flash IN PARTICULAR is a major source of "browser obsolescence."

I'd suggest you try to find a cheap used copy of Tiger (Mac User Groups are a GREAT source for this sort of thing as people are forever upgrading, plus its good social networking to help you find some work), then update it to 10.4.11 so you can run the latest everything.

PS. to Hughvane: of course you can disable, delete or selectively edit cookies in Safari.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with Chas. Even 10.3 is getting to that point where many sites will not open or properly open in Safari and newer versions of Firefox no longer work. 10.4 or newer is the way to go for todays Web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As a suggestion boost the memory to 2GB and invest in Leopard OS X.5, updating to X.5.8 and Firefox 3.6. Your MDD DP will run very nicely. Make sure if you go this way you buy black coloured full retail install DVD and not model specific silver grey discs.

The days of Jaguar are well and truly over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.