Question to current Mac-mini owners

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
We are planning to get rid of cable tv in our house. The majority of us have gotten used to paid subscription to Net-flix and free websites such as Hulu. We went to look at the Mac-Mini last night because we want to buy one for our living room and turn it into a media center. I have been looking up some threads on here and have noticed that there are mixed feeling with the mini.

I like how it is small, but still packs a good punch(I'm talking about the 2.53ghz version). And my dad is slowly getting attached to apple after I bought him an Ipod for his birthday, so he also likes it.

So here is my question for current mini owners.
Do you use it primarily as a regular pc? Is the 9400m graphics good enough to run on a 40"(or similar size) LCD without having problems? If you also run your mini as a media center, are you happy with it?

I'm asking this because there seems to be a lot of similar setups around to chose from, but I don't know what the best option is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm not sure how much help my answer will be since I really don't use mine for any media, but I'm running two Mac Mini's for my ham radio station and I love them. The fact that they are small in form factor is what I really like about them, plus they just look cool sitting next to my ham radio gear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have a Mac Mini hooked up to a 52" Samsung LCD. The Mini will have no problem driving that monitor you mentioned. Make sure to get 4GB of RAM. I am very happy with it and I did ditch satellite for a while. I came crawling back because of the sports. It it wasn't for sports I would have had no problem "cutting the cord" and using the things you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.