iPod has album artwork sync problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’m not sure if my problem is related to my iPod or Mac. I bought a used iPod so perhaps that’s the problem but I’ll ask anyway with the assumption that the problem may lie elsewhere.

It syncs music from iTunes no problem and plays fine, the problem is with the album artwork. On the main menu where you see the album artwork appear and it moves slowly across the screen, all album artwork is there.

But on the other menus mostly it doesn’t appear. I synced about eight albums and only two appear in the cover flow and album menus, and on the songs menu the art appears infrequently. I have tried resetting by pressing the hold and menu buttons simultaneously but to no avail. I erased the music and did it again and it still didn’t work, and the same albums worked and didn’t work as per the first time. Could it be related somehow to the computer? Would be grateful for any advice.

I have an iPod Nano 3rd gen. and an eMac OSX 10.4.11

OP
G
Reaction score
Adding to that, I have low speed 1.1 USB ports instead of the recommended 2.0; wondered if that may be an issue.

Reaction score
i'm having similar problems. when i had a windows platform i had any troubles on passing the artwork to my ipod. since i've changed to a mac (MUUUCH BETTER), the artwork doesn't even show up on my ipod, anywhere... i'm pretty sure both computer and ipod are working properly... if anyone knows how to fix it up, pleease, help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.