Is it a good idea to sell my 15inch non unibody for a 13inch unibody

Reaction score
Looking at selling my 15inch MBP that is the silver older non unibody version in order to get a new 13inch MBP unibody. Would I be losing anything if I did so? Is my MBP more "pro" than the 13inch that is new?

OP
J
Reaction score
I currently use mine for video editing with FCP. So I need to make sure the 13 inch is capable...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Depending on the model, the 15 inch probably has a dedicated graphics card for heavy duty video work, whereas the 13 inch doesn't. I personally prefer the previous generation of MBP. The ports are on both sides instead of crowding up the left hand side. The keyboard is all silver, giving the whole thing a more uniform look, and the keys are way more responsive than any chiclet keyboard. Also, the bigger screen is probably better for editing. The newer 13 inch has a glossy screen, which looks good but does not represent colors as accurately as a matte screen, which can be important with video and photo work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.