May get MBP but use PC and PC Quickbooks

Reaction score
I have 2 restaurants. My main restaurant uses PC's and use quickbooks for that system. Since that system has been set in place I have been converted to Macs. i use an iMac at home and that is it. Since my other restaurant which is not affiliated with my other restaurant I want to get a MBP to use for that restaurant and use it to travel back and forth to my main business. You got all of that?
Anyway, I need to update my 08' PC quickbooks to the newer version. Can I get the 3 liscense and use it for a PC quickbooks and et Mac Quickbooks?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think the versions are interchangeable, however, you really need to post this question to the support personnel at Intuit. They may allow you to switch the license from the PC to the Mac but that's something only they can answer.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
I actually tried to ask this on Quickbooks website with one of their support personal but it took forever to get acknowledged so I gave up/

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
One of the handy features of both Parallels and VMWare Fusion is a feature that allows you to "virtualize" an existing PC. Probably one of the most cost-effective approaches would be to virtualize that machine and copy the hard file to your other Macs. This way, you could boot that virtual machine with its copy of Quickbooks whenever and wherever you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.