iMac/ Mac mini

Z

zap2

I think we should make iMac and Mac mini sperate forums. They are very different and many people own each one. OR we could makea iMac by itself and a Mac Mini and Emac( becuase they are both low cost apple computers) just my thoughts. Becuase iMac and Mac Mini and to different

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i think that the imac and then emac should be put together. the mini should be by itself. there is not many people posting about the emac, and you are right, the imac and mini are very different.

OP
E

EvoMac

I have to say I agree with the original poster on this one. As much as I like a clean forum, the iMac and the Mac Mini are two totally different beasts.

They are much more different then the iBook compared to the PowerBook and they have their own forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
zap2 said:
I think we should make iMac and Mac mini sperate forums. They are very different and many people own each one. OR we could makea iMac by itself and a Mac Mini and Emac( becuase they are both low cost apple computers) just my thoughts. Becuase iMac and Mac Mini and to different

Ditto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I agree. The iMac and Mini are two different breeds. One is an all-in-one with a G5, the other is a "tower" running a g4 chip. Niether share the same HDD, video card, or any other major component, so technical issues that affect one rarely if ever affect the other unless it is a general Apple issue.

-Chris

OP
B

badmojo

bassplayrr said:
I agree. The iMac and Mini are two different breeds. One is an all-in-one with a G5, the other is a "tower" running a g4 chip. Niether share the same HDD, video card, or any other major component, so technical issues that affect one rarely if ever affect the other unless it is a general Apple issue.

-Chris

Another vote in favor of the poster.

Reaction score
I also agree as I joined this forum when the Mac Minis were first announced in order to learn about Mac Minis. I do read other boards in order to learn about Apple in general, but as the time moves closer for me to pick up my Mini, it would be easier for someone like me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
I'm new, but I'd certainly like the distinction between the mini and the iMac ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
most of us here would rather have forums as one rather than multiple. Im not sure if we will change anything, but I guess we can discuss it. No more PMs please, we know what you want.. we think.

Music Forum? and Mac Mini and iMac forum... we will see if his is necessary.

OP
Z

zap2

private messages, press someones name and you will see 4 choice of what to do, one wil be " send private message to (username)"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.