installing 7 with out bootcamp

Reaction score
so i just got this macbook pro from a friend for free and im not a fan of os x so im looking to install windows 7... now i never plan on using os x so i would like to format it and put windows on it...

now seeing that i dont know much abut mac's im not shere how to go abut this??? so im looking for a bit of info on how to do this any help would be very cool

is there anything that i need to know

thx ppl and sorry for my spelling i know its bad

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you really want to ruin a good MacBook Pro.... then do this:

Boot the MacBook Pro with the Windows 7 install DVD and follow directions. It will do the partitioning and formatting for you and then install Win 7.

:Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
is it really that ez i have bin working with pc for some time now so doing an every day install is no problem... wow i was just thinging that there would be alot more to it lol

and even thow i got the mac for free i cant sell it if i did i would hurt the feeling of a good friend and if i dont put somthing like windows on there then it would just sit and a Paperweight os x has alot of cool stuff but its just not something that i like

thx alot

1 other thing i have bin looking around it seem that the drivers are hard to find??? but then i see in some other place's that every thing is native

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It really is that easy. You'll just need the OS X disc to install the drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
is it really that ez i have bin working with pc for some time now so doing an every day install is no problem... wow i was just thinging that there would be alot more to it lol

As kash said yes it is that ez ....
Just goes to show, and what a great example, that OS X and Mac's in general are such a joy to use. You even said you thought there would be a lot more to it. Well sorry to disappoint you but Mac=Ez

Maybe just maybe you will have a look at the Mac side and convert. Because most things on Mac's are that ez ....

Cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
well thx guy this makes life ezer... it will be a day or so before i get to the in stall but i will post how it gos

OP
T
Reaction score
ok ppl so i have a new problem so i dont have the disk that the mac came with but i can get a hold of snow leopard V10.6 will work

Reaction score
ok ppl so i have a new problem so i dont have the disk that the mac came with but i can get a hold of snow leopard V10.6 will work
Yes, Snow Leopard (OS X Ver. 10.6.x) will run on any Intel based mac, including the MacBook Pro.

OP
T
Reaction score
thx i fond all the drivers evry thing is working and the macbook pro is much faster now win 7 is so much faster on this thing than 10.4 10.5 and 10.6

ehhh im just happy that it works

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.