Music will not stop playing! How to fix?

Reaction score
So i played, or attempted to play some flash game the other day for a quick 5 minute break. The web browser crashed, and now the music track to the game will not stop playing even after i shut my computer down and rebooted it!

What the **** is going on. I would prefer to not have to drive to the mac store as i already hate the employees(bad experience after my 3 month old MBP had a logic board malfunction, refused service, blamed me for dropping the computer without any proof etc etc)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does the music only play when a web browser is open or when the Mac starts up with no application running?

OP
S
Reaction score
It just plays period. Browser open or browser closed. Like i said, i completely shut down my computer, rebooted, and it still is playing!

Reaction score
I had something very similar happen tonight; namely that my speaker would make a popping noise every 90s or so, after using a particular facebook app.
How I cured it was relatively simple; I figured that the speaker was receiving an intermittent signal (hence the pops) and played a track from my library in itunes, which cured the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It just plays period. Browser open or browser closed. Like i said, i completely shut down my computer, rebooted, and it still is playing!

What's in System Prefs > Accounts > Login Items? Something there that has insinuated itself?

Another place to look is in browser cache. Try emptying it by resetting the browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.