Using Safari

E

etorres769

I have Safari 1.3. For some reason when I go into some websites (www.t-mobile.com, www.ebay.com, www.cingular.com, etc.) When I click on the links, I can't they don't work for some reason. I thought it was Safari so I tried using IE, same thing. On my PC I was able to access them with no problem, now I have problems doing it from my Mac. I love my Mac though. I also have Norton Internet Security. I tried to see if that was the case so I disabled everything and tried to access the sites again, and it was the same thing. Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions or need more information to see why I can't access certain sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
While I don't regularly visit those sites, it may be that they have weird JavaScript links that can't be run by Safari 1.3. Your best bet would be to use Firefox or even Netscape to view those sites on your Mac. Those browsers do a much better job at interpretting JavaScripts and Java than Safari does.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I am using Safari 1.2 and whenever I used go to those same websites (ebay in particular) they always unexpectedly quit???? However one day it just all stopped??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, I can navigate those sites fine, are you running tiger? I would recommend uninstalling that norton internet security, norton products are not worth anything, and if you want security, turn on your firewall, its more than you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
And be sure to repair permissions after all the software changes:
close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.