Need flash HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Hello people. I have a mac ibook with operating system Mac OS X 10.4.11. Up untill yesterday i was able to view youtube and play games. Then out of the blue, when i tried to play a game it appeared on the screen

"You must have Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher installed. click to download"

But it had been working and i have not changed anything or done anything but it has suddenly stopped. so i went to download it and it fully installs and then i put it in the apps folder, but still i can not view youtube or play games!!!!

Can somebody please helpppppppppp,

Thank you. Vinnie

OP
V
Reaction score
when i go to disk utilty and 'verify disk permissions' i get this -

Verify permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Determining correct file permissions.
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player, should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS, should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/Flash Player.rsrc, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources, should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents, should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on ./Library/Internet Plug-Ins/flashplayer.xpt, should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--

Permissions verification complete
The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

then i repair it but it still doesnt solve the issue, please mac geniuses help me!!

Reaction score
Just to be sure you are getting the right Flash player go here:
Adobe - Adobe Flash Player
Then make sure it says "Adobe Flash Player Macintosh OS X"
Agree and install.

When it is done downloading, open the DMG file by double clicking it. That will open the folder with "Install Adobe Flash Player" Double Click that. (Perhaps are you just draggin THAT installer to the Applications folder?) Once you have it opened, check Agree and Install and you should be on you way! After that, try a system update and make sure you have all the updates. Good luck.

Also, what browser are you running in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.