Having to reinstall program after startup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1ghz C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320GB HDD
Hi,

Ive just installed a program called miro for podcasts, i have dropped it into my apps folder and it runs fine but the next time i restart the mac and click to launch miro it doesnt do anything, it seems like its a dead link or something. I then have to go back to dwg file and go through install again, this just repeats contantly. Any ideas on what i can do to resolve this would be appreciated. :)

Mick

C

chas_m

It sounds like you know the difference between a program app and a DMG file, so I'm stumped. Are you sure you didn't somehow just put an ALIAS in the app folder? Little arrow on the left lower corner of the icon?

OP
Raffaz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1ghz C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320GB HDD
That first post should have said dmg lol. Ive just had a look at the miro icon in the apps folder and there is no little arrow on it.

C

chas_m

Try locating -- and then throwing out -- the miro plist (preference) file. Should be in ~/Library/Preferences.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Which version of OS X are you running? Note that Miro requires QuickTime 7 to be installed in order to work. If you're by chance running Snow Leopard, QuickTime version 7 may not be installed or it may be located in your Utilities folder. By default, QT 7 will not open in Snow Leopard, QT 10 will open instead.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.