New mac owner, old mac

Reaction score
Well, the Mac isn't that old.

My cousins were moving out, and they gave me their old eMac. Looking at the specs, it looks like it's about 7 years old(2003 or 2004), it's an eMac(dur), Power Mac G4, low RAM, if you need more info to answer my question, I'll post more specs.

Anyway, I was wondering how I would hook up WiFi on this bad boy. What kind of WiFi card I need for it, and would I need an older AirPort for it, just general questions about hooking up WiFi for my eMac.

Any answers are appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Specs are a big help with getting answers for you. To find what they are crank it up then select Apple Menu - top Left of Menubar and choose About this Mac.
Check here for the specs of your eMac.
Then when in About this Mac click more info for system profiler to get this;

Click for full size

Then you will know if yours is fitted with Airport card as Optional or Standard.
Pic is for Panther 10.3.9 which i guess u will have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I hope you got OS discs with it also. If not, once you determine the highest OS upgrade it will handle, you'll most likely have to find them on eBay. Just be sure you get a retail disc, not a gray set that will only work on the type of Mac it shipped with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 13" MBP, G5 PPC, G4 PPC G4 eMac
I run a USB wi-fi adapter on my macs that don't have built in wi-fi. The one on the back of this machine is a D-Link. Most wi-fi adapters do not come with Mac drivers, but for a few, drivers are available as a download.
Basically I went into a shop (Maplin) and googled each adapter on my phone, checking for Mac driver availability. They will rarely say Mac OSX on the box, it's only on the website or via Google do you find such info.

HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.