Tiger and Windows iPods

T

Tel

I've got a 20GB iPod that I used to use with my PC, now I have a Mac will I have to formatt the iPod before I can use it with Tiger?

OP
B

badmojo

Tel said:
I've got a 20GB iPod that I used to use with my PC, now I have a Mac will I have to formatt the iPod before I can use it with Tiger?

I did the exact same thing with my U2 iPod. In fact I used my iPod to txfer my 3.3 Gb "My Documents" folder to my iMac, including all my music, using the iPod. When you plug your iPod into your mac for the first time, it will give you some kind of notice asking if you want to sync it with your mac. CLICK NO. If you click yes it will erase your ipod if you (presumably) don't have your music on your Mac yet.

I used a program called Senuti (http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/) to put back all my iPod songs onto my new Mac, and it worked great. It's free, too.

OP
T

Tel

I didn't think it would be compatible, I'm glad it is though, I've got a couple of hard to find albums on my iPod, I thought I'd have to delete them!

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

what u are going to need to do it dump ur ipod to ur PC ( it should already be there) and then format uripod into a FAT32 format and then it will be compatable for both the mac and the pc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.