Wireless keyboard/mouse - when to turn off

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to mac and i just picked up the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse.

I see on the bottom of the mouse there is a switch, should i switch it off everytime i'll be away from the computer for a few hours?

Now, should I also turn off the keyboard if i'm gonna be away? If so, how do I do that.

While I'm here, I have a mac mini. Should I "Shut Down" every night or just "sleep" is fine. I haven't had a desktop in a while and my laptop i would just shut the lid and it would hibernate all night.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. With my Magic mouse and wireless keyboard i leave them on full time - the mouse goes on its cradle at night then i use Command Option Eject to put the iMac to sleep - then it is all go in the morning no reconnection delay. I have 2 sets of rechargeable batteries and Snow Leopard tells me when batteries are getting low, so then i pop in the next set to give a top up before replacement. Then every 3 or 4 days i shut everything down including router and reboot to freshen caches etc. That seems to keep things ticking over nicely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Comes with the Magic mouse - it covers the Green Light, but not sure what that actually does. Will do some hunting for real info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.