Took my MBP apart today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
So guys, today I took apart my MBP. I installed a new hard drive, and also unbent the aluminum (it was bent because the guy that gave it to me dropped it alot. lol.). Anyway also, a problem with it is that the right side of the screen hinge is broken. While I took it apart, I took the LCD off to. The right side was broken clean off. So I was going to order a new one, and before I did I just wanted to know how to replace it. Anyone know, or can anyone send me a link to find out how? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
So guys, today I took apart my MBP. I installed a new hard drive, and also unbent the aluminum (it was bent because the guy that gave it to me dropped it alot. lol.). Anyway also, a problem with it is that the right side of the screen hinge is broken. While I took it apart, I took the LCD off to. The right side was broken clean off. So I was going to order a new one, and before I did I just wanted to know how to replace it. Anyone know, or can anyone send me a link to find out how? Thanks.

first is this newer unibody or older body style?

Also check out iFixit.com they have great tear down guides.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 4,1 --> 5,1 6 Core X5680
Its the older one. Before the unibody.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HERE is a good YouTube video showing you how. 7 minutes long. Enjoy but might want to put on better music as this is the ultimate Elevator Music lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.