Mac Mini Memory Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I recently purchased a Mac Mini 1.66 that has a 1 gig stick in it. I came across a Mushkin PC2-5300 4 gig stick and I'm wondering if it will work. I understand that the max memory my Mac Mini will take is 2 gig, but would this 4 gig stick work? I have two of these 4 gig sticks that were about to be discarded as they came out of a MacBook Pro where the mother board fried. If I can't use them then I will just eBay them or if someone here needs them make me an offer. On the Mushkin web site they are on sale for $97.00 each.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Assuming that the memory will indeed fit on the Mini, as you said you will only be able to get up to 2GB of total memory, so only 1 GB or the 4GB will be usable..

You're better off selling these sticks and picking up a 1GB stick for the Mini..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.