lost Parallels when newer version of OS X installed (Snow Leopard)

Reaction score
I had a macbook OS X 10.5.4 w/ parallels (to run windows). my brother installed snow leopard, and then i couldn't open parallels, so i thought to re-install my original OS X 10.5.4 w/ the option to put my stuff in a folder "Previous System", but i still can't open/access parallels. i did notice that my partition no longer exists. Does anyone know if all my files in Parallels is lost?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Parallels will likely need to be reinstalled. As a licensed owner, you should be able to download Parallels from their site, install and enter the license key and be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
my parallels was moved to Macintosh HD>Incompatible Software when i installed SL. Had to upgrade Parallels and all was not lost.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty new w/ macs, do i need to partition my HD before installing parallels? or before installing windows. i forgot how i did it last time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
it's still there and parallels will ask you if you want to import it.

OP
T
Reaction score
ok, so i was successful in reinstalling parallels & microsoft windows (w/out partitioning my hd). but don't know how to access my old files i had in windows (i was using quicken '08) and am hoping to get my files back. not sure where to look?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.