Plugging components into Macbook and Windows 7

Reaction score
Several questions:

1) If I install Windows 7 on my Macbook (white), will the computer slow down?

2) I would like to use my Macbook as my main computer, but use an external monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc. I don't really have a problem plugging and unplugging all of these components every single time I move my computer, but what are my other options? I know they have docking stations, but are quite expensive. Do they have "hubs" that I can plug all of these components into, which will allow me to use all the external components by sticking one USB cable into the Macbook instead of many?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Several questions:

1) If I install Windows 7 on my Macbook (white), will the computer slow down?

No. Not unless you have inadequate hard disk space and you usurp all of the usable space for Windows. You want to make sure at least 20% of your disk is clear.

2) I would like to use my Macbook as my main computer, but use an external monitor, keyboard, speakers, etc. I don't really have a problem plugging and unplugging all of these components every single time I move my computer, but what are my other options? I know they have docking stations, but are quite expensive. Do they have "hubs" that I can plug all of these components into, which will allow me to use all the external components by sticking one USB cable into the Macbook instead of many?

Aside from using a USB hub, the only alternative I'm aware of is docking stations from a company called BookEndz, although I'm not sure if they make a model for your particular version.

OP
K
Reaction score
Aside from using a USB hub, the only alternative I'm aware of is docking stations from a company called BookEndz, although I'm not sure if they make a model for your particular version.[/QUOTE]

Can you recommend a USB hub? Thx.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Several questions

There is also the option of the 24" Apple Cinema display. That would take care of the monitor, speakers, and also provide a charger for your Macbook. The major draw back of this is the price of the display.

For a keyboard and mouse, you could use the Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse. The connect via bluetooth, so no cables to deal with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.