Just switched to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Well I have been a fan of Apple for several years now and due to the economy was unable to have bought one last year. things picking up for me, so I finally made the jump. I was an IT developer, so had to use XP :[ , at home I was using Linux on my systems and loved it. Researched everything about Mac's and thought, this is so right for me. Bought a Macbook on Friday night and have been so happy since. I love it. It has been so easy to use and everything just works.

I start my Computer Science degree later this year and can not wait to sit there knowing I have Apple right there behind me. I am now in the military, so once I get back home in September, I shall be buying a 27 inch Imac and a Macbook Pro. The wife has also made the switch with me and shall be buying a Macbook Air for her needs.

Thanks Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Welcome, and welcome to the wonderful world of Macs. I've been in the lovely OS X world since 10.2 was the current release, and prior to that on OS 9 and other earlier renditions of the classic OS. Mac OS was still better than Windows then, but OS X really put the gas pedal to the metal. :) Anyway, I'm pretty interested in shell scripting in *nix based systems (with the aim of being able to control OS X completely from the command line in bash), but don't really know where to start. Maybe you could point me in the right direction!

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and happy. More people are on the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
welcome and congrats

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What they said ^

And thank you for your service to our country!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.