iPod Photo Buying Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
I am planning to buy a 30gig iPod Photo from Amazon.com, and was wondering if I can still buy an AppleCare Plan for it. And can someone give me a few pointers on what I should buy for it? Thanks! :biohazard

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! Does the iPod also come with a one-year waranty?

E

EvoMac

1 year support 90 day telephone is what comes standard with the iPod. Applecare increases it to 2 years for both.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I buy an iPod Photo from Amazon.com, and I do not buy the AppleCare immediately, can I still buy the warranty after around 8 months?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I would actually shop around for other extended warranty programs.
In germany there are several companies that offer service plans for electronic devices that are more comprehensive & cheaper than the APP.

I know Best Buy offers plans for their own products in the US, not sure if they'll cover items bought elsewhere though.

One Apple retailer in Germany offers plans no-matter where you bought your device. You might have to pay a fee to get it checked out first though...

T

Tel

One of the things that made me switch was seeing the APP in work, when my brother had to get his iPod fixed and they replaced it on the spot, no questions asked. As far as I'm concerned, third party companies have a lot to live up to compared to APP, if you don't mind spending the extra money, I'd strongly recommend it.

E

EvoMac

I was never a fan of 3rd party warranty programs only because usually there is some fine print to them. With applecare, call up apple (or visit the store) and it will get fixed without question. I'd spend the extra money on applecare. Also if you are a student their is a pretty significant discount on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
EvoMac said:
...With applecare, call up apple (or visit the store) and it will get fixed without question.

Umm, provided they agree to cover it. I've read about a bunch of people who get caught in the "user-damaged" loop and AppleCare won't cover it.

I agree with your point about third-party warranties, though-- usually they are just moneymakers for the seller.

T

Tel

caribiner23 said:
Umm, provided they agree to cover it. I've read about a bunch of people who get caught in the "user-damaged" loop and AppleCare won't cover it.

Just read their small print or ask a sales rep, its generally only if you tamper with your hardware or things you shouldn't be doing in the first place.

E

EvoMac

And keep your ipod in a case. It might not look so good if you iPod looks like it was in battle. Other then that you should be pretty good.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can anyone recommend me a good case for the iPod Photo? Sadly, I can only spend around $25 for it. Any ideas? And can I still buy the AppleCare about 11 months after the purchase? Thanks! :biohazard

T

Tel

If you're going to have it in a pocket then an iPod Sock might be a better idea, it'll protect it from any scratches but it may still be at risk from high drops (though I've dropped mine about 6 times and it still works fine, and I'm 6'4"!) check out the socks at the Apple store.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any other suggestions for cases? And another thing I'm looking for is a portable speaker for the iPod Photo? Any ideas?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And any suggestions for earphones around $30?

T

Tel

I have Sony Funtopia earphones, I highly recommend them, they come with 3 different sized rubber earbuds to fit anyones ears, with the earphones in and no music playing sounds like you're underwater, you can hear your breathing quite loudly but nothing else really. Turn on the music and you'll be supprised at what you hear, it really takes advantage of the iPod and music with high bit-rates, I often notice things in my music that I'm usually unaware of and the bass is excellent.
I use them everywhere, even through Lakeside Shopping Centre in the middle of the christmas shopping period and I still hear nothing but my music.
They're about $50 (£25) but worth getting to make the most of your iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.