Can't receive email or access personal website

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a very perplexing problem. It is well beyond me and beyond everyone else I've asked (although I'll admit asking the pigeon man in the park was unlikely to get results).

I get the ! point for all my email accounts when I "get mail" and I can't access my personal website in my house.

I can open the site and get the mail outside my house.

Attaching by ethernet cable to my modem allows site and mail to work properly.

I receive mail to my blackberry from the server with no difficulty.

They both come from the same server.

I have a time capsule (with wireless router) and a macbook.

I have been able to do both for the last 2 years with this set-up.

I've not changed anything (to my knowledge) unless a mac update changed something.

See, I'm perplexed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
What error are you getting?
press the [!] icon and just copy-paste the text or make a screenshot..
I'll be able to help you better if you tell the error ;-)

Cheers

OP
Q
Reaction score
There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account “POP Account” or try again.

The server error encountered was: The connection to the server “jazplanet.com” on port 110 timed out.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Could my blackberry have hijacked port 110 for wifi? I never use wifi at home with it though. Also that still wouldn't explain why I can't open my web site would it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
this could very well be, see if your blackberry can use portforwarding, and then obviously forward port 110

OP
Q
Reaction score
I have erased the wifi profile on my blackberry, restarted my phone and the time capsule and... still can't get email and can't get to my site (with the same name as the mail server).

I've also tried attaching directly to the cable modem again just to check and when i do I can get the site and mail so it is the wireless router in the time capsule or how my macbook is handling the wifi traffic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.