Home button on iPhone has a mind of it's own

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3", Aluminum, 2.0 GHz Intel core duo, 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 160GB 5400-rpm hard drive
For a while now my "Home" button on my iPhone has been sensitive barely have to touch it to return to the "home screen" and so on. Now the issue seems to have progressed... without touching the "home" button it flicks through the search iPhone menu, iTunes etc. it also closes my phone calls, my text messages and any app that is open. As everyone is aware it can be EXTREMELY frustrating!
I took it to the apple store (oh btw it is the iPhone 3G) they said ya it is sensitive but didn't open it up to see if there is dust or something obstructing the button (I felt cheated on that come on :[) then said this will cost $229 plus tax to fix the button I said no way I can get the new iPhone for that jeesh.
So what I am looking for is a cheap way to fix the button myself is there a way to do so? what will I need?

Thanks in advance!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.