imac G3 Help

I

IllNINO12

My aunt has a imac G3 and one of her daughters put on a dvd and now it wont come out and when u turn the computer on it shows a blinking folder with a question mark and the finder symbol. Can someone please help me by telling me what i can do to take the dvd out and get the screen back to normal

OP
B

Badger

Turn the computer off (pull the plug if you have to), restart and hold the mouse button down until the disk ejects. You don't mention which G3 model iMac is involved but for the CD drive with a tray (the first series) you can also force eject a disk by inserting the end of a paperclip into the small hole on the drive door; for the second series with the slotted drive you can insert the end of the paperclip in the far right side of the slot to eject the disk. For complete details go to the Apple.com site and search for "ejecting a CD" or something similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
It sounds like the hard drive might be toast.. that is if the blinking ???? come up again after you CD is ejected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.