Printer Driver Problems

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have just in the last few minutes attempted to download the driver for my old printer to use on my new mac. However I ran in to a couple of problems.

I'm on my first ever mac, a macbook pro 13 inch, which is brand new out of the factory and I've had for just over two weeks now. I downloaded the mac driver for my Brother MFC 235C Printer/Scanner/Fax combo which I have used with windows for the past couple of years with absolutely no problems at all. However when I restarted after installing the two separate drivers, one for the printer and one for the scanner, a window entitled 'device selector' opened and prompted me to select a printer to connect it to my notebook.

Despite this, my mac seems to think there is no printer connected, despite it being plugged in and turned on with all the drivers installed to the manufacturers instructions.

After fiddling around for a few minutes I decided to delete the drivers and start again. However I cannot find them in applications, or anywhere else. The only place I can find them is in .dmg form in my downloads folder. Even though whenever I restart the macbook, the 'Brother Control Center' programme logo briefly flashes up, and my macbook is still asking me to locate or connect my device.

If anyone can help with this, that would be great. Ideally I'd like to get the thing working, but I'd settle for just getting the driver files removed from my macbook. They must be in here somewhere, I just don't know where.

If any of this sounds like a typical mac newbie moaning, then I'm sorry. I'm just at a loss and I'd rather not clog up my new notebook with stray files and applications.

Thanks,

Sam.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.