• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Windows Iphoto??

Z

zap2

With a ipod photo now becoming a good canidate to take the name ipod( no photo) could we see a iphoto for windows? In the begining there was no itunes for pc but apple made one , could they do this for iphoto or are the other pictures programs on windows good enough. ANy ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i would have to say no, for two reasons. iphoto is a big part of ilife being the first one, and two, it is not necessary to have iphoto in order to use the ipod photo, where as it was necessary to have a itunes for use of the ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope. iTunes has always been free whereas iPhoto is not. They will not make iPhoto as a stand alone application for windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Even though I believe that older versions of iPhoto were free (before iLife 04), they don't have to make a free (windows) version of iPhoto - and don't want to as it's a big selling point for mac hardware.

At the store I work in, I often show windows users how to set up their iPod photo in iTunes, and also show them the integration with iPhoto.
"Can I get that for Windows?" is the normal reaction - and even software like the free photoshop album SE falls short of iPhotos ease of use.

It's a big switch-incentive - along with the seamless integration of the other iApps & the iPod.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Try Picasa, it's from Google for Windows only, that is as close as you are going to get to an iPhoto related program on Windows in my opinion. Picasa is also free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
yeah this was a reason why I switched last summer when I decided to buy a powerbook. I remember asking the guy who worked at the apple store if he thought iphoto would be on windows ever and he said no for the same reason. It's a big selling point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.