Can anyone help me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome ...
Honestly what are you asking??
If its about "power on and the screen you see nothing" Can be a few things. Without you having it and telling us in your own words what it wrong with t people in the forum can only come up with assumptions.
You have basically just bought yourself a pretty white shell.
No RAM, no Harddrive, no battery ......
WOW that might be a nice way to throw away money.
Sorry if it sounds harsh, but with all that wrong with it and all thats missing, i hope the seller was truthful, in saying "you get nothing on the screen" was the only thing wrong with it ..:(

EDIT: yes but on your question, it could be the logic board but that is only a assumption, without more information

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Oh no, this is not exactly what I bought. I bought something like this earlier, but I have evrything it needs now (installed new screen, installed hard drive from old pc, installed hard drive, bought battery and magsafe), but the problem is the same, sorta. It turns on, you san see the while light. But the screen just blinks once in the beginning sorta.

You weren't being harsh, it is sorta the truth. I'm a student and I bought it just so I could fix it up and use it. So yea, it pretty much was a white shell, lol.

Anymore help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
lol ok
Well try resetting your PRAM and NVRAM.

LINKY on how to do it...
Just dont want to type it all out lol
If that is no good post back nd we will try again :)

Cheers

EDIT: Query is it a white screen or grey ?? Do you have the install disk's as well ??

OP
S
Reaction score
Okay...I tried THREE times. I didn't hear any sounds though. I've never owned a macbook, so I don't know what the sounds are supposed to be anyway. =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the sounds are fairly distinctive... And if you didnt hear any :(

Do you have the install disks for the MB ??
And is it white or grey screen ??

OP
S
Reaction score
o00o, I have a feeling, this is gonna end bad.

Well, that's the problem, the screen won't show anything, You can see a little flicker blink, in the beggining, but it's not enough to say much more on it. I would try an external monitor but I don't have any.

No I don't have any install disks.....

Reaction score
Just curious, but did you buy RAM and a HD for it and install them? You will also need to buy the OS disk for it. These machines are not like PC's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep i think this is going to end bad for you :(

Hope someone else can chime in with some advice ...

And yes as the post above the HD and RAM might not be compatible or might be installed in correctly :(

OP
S
Reaction score
^ Yea, well I didn't buy them actuallt, I took them from my dad's laptop. Yea, I have to learn more about Macs.

Reaction score
OK, it is possible that the RAM you put in is not compatible with your Mac. Is it DDR2 PC2-5300? If you aren't sure, tell me what your Dad's laptop is and I can look it up.

As long as the hard drive is SATA you should be fine to use.

Reaction score
This is what you need....

Crucial

I will also add this. There is likely a reason that someone stripped it down and sold it in parts. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
I have that, well not exactly that, they are 2x 512mb DDR2 PC2-5300, I can't remember what brand though, but it looks like I'll have to buy another HD and 2gig ram

OP
S
Reaction score
While I still need answers/help, I want to thank you guys for the help I've received so far.

Reaction score
Before you go tossing money after it, you need to determine if it is actually worth it. It could be that the logic board is fried and buying all this stuff will do nothing for you leaving you with nothing but parts. As a student I know that cash is probably tight for you so contemplate this before you leap. It might be better to take the loss and look for a new computer that actually works.

OP
S
Reaction score
@DaFlake, maybe I'm incorrect, but for safe measure my dad's laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6000.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea you're right. I'm not a college student by the way, I just wanted to do something like this all by myself, but I guess that dream is gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@DaFlake, maybe I'm incorrect, but for safe measure my dad's laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6000.

Well if you pulled it out of your dad's Pavillion, my bet is they arent compatible ..
:(

OP
S
Reaction score
o00o ok, thanks! I thought it'll be because they have the same specs as ram for macs, well I least I thought they did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.