Problems with FF, Opera and parallel desktop

Reaction score
I am a new mac user, just bought an imac few days ago. And the problems with different softwares have driven me crazy. So pleas please help, appreciate any supports from you guys. Here are my problems:

1. FF and Opera cannot remember the last tabs I was opening. Every time they are new blank browsers even though I have checked the remember the tabs in last sessions.

And I have tried uninstalling and installing them already. Any idea?

2. I am using the flicking annoying parallel desktop, with which I have installed windows 7. And then it automatically starts when the mac os starts notwithstanding the never starting option has been unchecked.

Worse still, the setting I saved in MSN Live messanger in the windows 7 couldn´t be memorised. The setting stays the unchanged even though I have changed it many times.

Please advise, it´s become a nightmare for me.

Reaction score
With your first problem I've had the same thing until I realised, that like safari, firfox and opera open the last closed window when you tell them, i.e. when you go into history open last closed tabs (or something of that sort). To open automatically(like on windows), I've tried several things but didn't work.

As for your, second problem, I recommend using Virtual Box. It's a free program which you can download it from download.com . I've been using it for quite a while and haven't given me problems yet...only thing is you can't make the window full screen.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1.Opera can remember your last tabs, it just works sort of funky until you get use to it.

For Opera to startup per your "Startup" preference settings, you must:
Quit Opera or use the yellow button to close the window.

That startup setting does nothing, if you use the red button to close the window. You'll get the Speed Dial window everytime you re-open it.

2. Go to SystemPreferences - Accounts - Login Items and remove Parallels from the list

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.