Iphone battery life

Reaction score
Just got a new Iphone 3gs. Trouble is I have to charge the thing every day. Fully charged last night at 10pm yet at 2pm this afternoon it was half flat, when I have the bluetooth on it is practically flat in a day.

I thought the battery life was lot better than this? If they usually are what is running the battery down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD > 2TB TC > 16GB iPhone 3G
All depends on what you use it for. My 3G gets charged every day or day & a 1/2. I use it for work & personal email, twitter, 8hrs/day of music (iPod), streaming radio and surfing various links let alone 30min - 1hr of voice.

OP
C
Reaction score
I was looking at the specs and apparently there is only around 5 hours battery life for talk, wifi etc. 300 hours standby!!!!

Looks like getting charged every day then!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If i use mine pretty heavy it needs a daily charge if I stay off the net can get 2 days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
A daily charge is pretty much standard with today' smartphones. I don't think it's just an iPhone thing, Android devices eat up alot of battery power also. I think of it like this ,There not so much phones anymore as they are small mobile computers...

Reaction score
I thought it was unusual when I got my iPhone, so when I was at the Apple store just browsing I thought I would ask. The lady told me it was normal to have 1 to 1 1/2 day of battery life. She said if you only get 3-4 hours out of a full charge then somethings wrong.

OP
C
Reaction score
I thought it was unusual when I got my iPhone, so when I was at the Apple store just browsing I thought I would ask. The lady told me it was normal to have 1 to 1 1/2 day of battery life. She said if you only get 3-4 hours out of a full charge then somethings wrong.

I went to bed last night and used one of the alarm apps (clock deluxe). 9 hours later it had used almost 70% of the battery power.

I have one of the Mili Battery Power pack. But when I attached the Iphone to the pack and plugged in to charge it said "iphone charge not compatible with this accessory". yet the manufacturer claims the iphone charges first then the power pack. The power pack will charge the battery when unplugged from a power source though. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
I switched to iPhone from a Nokia E71. Also a 3G smartphone and I was a little disappointed at the difference in battery life as well. The Nokia was amazing, almost all battery. Lasted four days with almost constant use. I don'y really mind the frequent charging though. I just plug it in when I know I'm going to be home. Considering all I'm getting from the iPhone, it's not a big deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
Is it best to charge my iPhone 3Gs in standby (locked) or to turn it off completely?

Thanks

Reaction score
3g battery life

Yep I got so fed up I bought a battery case from Fonerize.com. Haven't looked back and gives me x2 more charges when on the go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Here's a few things you can do to help out.

Bluetooth = Drains battery, so if your not using it; turn it off.
Wifi = Drains battery, so if your not using it; turn it off.
Push email = Drains battery, set to fetch or better yet manual.
Fetch email = Drains battery, set it to 1hr at least or better yet manual.

C

chas_m

Airplane mode is a fast way to turn off the battery-sapping features above. Of course it also turns off THE PHONE, but you know what? Voicemail ain't so bad sometimes. :)

Since I don't use a headset and don't have a 3G plan, I leave bluetooth off and wifi on, and my iPhone lasts for days unless I'm playing a bunch of high-end games. Games seem to drain my battery faster than any other single thing outside Bluetooth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.