My first Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 21,5
I have just plugged in my first Mac! I have also purchased an Apple TV as the main porpuse of this Mac is to be used in our living room for music.

I have on my PC 5000 + songs (mp3's) stored in ITunes, some of these are renamed etc. My challange right now is to move the 5000 + mp3's to the Mac keeping the new titles, comments etc.

Hope some of you can help me move the files and keeping the information I have entered (I don't think the information is stored within the mp3 file itself).

Thx
Lars

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The easiest way is to use iTunes 9 and enabling the built-in Homesharing feature on each machine.

I did the opposite, moved my library (about 140 GB) from my Mac to my Win 7 HTPC over the network.

Ethernet will of course work much faster than using wireless for this process.

If you have Audible books, they will not transfer via homesharing. They'll have to be done manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.