2g Iphone

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to this website and BRAND new to the iphone. I recently purchased a second had 2g 8GB iphone from ebay which has had the jailbreak carried out. I am with the 3 network in Australia of whom assured me that the 2g phone would work on their network. Of course it doesn't !!! I tried another sim card from another network and the iphone works. After discovering this I hooked up the iphone to itunes on my IMac and itunes prompted me to update the iphone software. Which I found was a huge mistake. THe phone will not boot up and I somehow have put the phone in DFU mode. I hooked the phone back up to itunes and used the restore mode. The phone now boots up somewhat and will only allow emergency calls. It will also allow me to make ordinary calls with a sim card installed from the emergency screen. Itunes informs me that the iphone that is connected is not recognized and cannot be activated. I can also turn the phone off with the slide off button on the screen. Can anyone please help me?? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Paul - Sydney Australia

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Unfortunately, jailbreaking an iPhone voids the warranty, is not supported by Apple or this forum.

You may want to go wade through this Apple article to see if it will help. They'll be as much info there as most of us would be able to provide.

Update and restore alert messages on iPhone and iPod touch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.