Logic express help?

Reaction score
So I'm looking into buying logic express and just wanted to ask some quick questions before I actually went ahead and bought it. I understand the difference between pro and express huge but to my understanding it has alot to do with editting. They both can create almost the same amout but pro has wayyy more editting capbilities. I'm also getting a peavey 4 channel mixer with Alesis mkII monitors then waiting to buy a good condensor for recording vocals. Does this sound like an ok recording set up? That's all I can think of saying at the moment. Questions, comments?

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Also I'm just new to the site and wanted to start a thread saying that ^^ and the part I forgot was to say hello to everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Welcome SammieD!
Logic Pro 9 is a beast! If you are just staring out, Express would be your best bet for the price and just to get your feet wet especially since you can upgrade to Pro later. Hopefully the Peavey mixer you plan to purchase has a USB/FW connection. If not, look into getting an external USB or FireWire (FW) audio interface (I prefer FireWire!) with low latency and great anolog to digital convertors.

You can read up on the diffeneces here... The Best Audio Interfaces for your Home Studio by TweakHeadz Lab

OP
S
Reaction score
Coool. Yea the peavey is just a generic 6 channel mixer but it is a USB (unfortunatly not FireWire) but I'll live. Yea I have recording experience because I'm in a band that has gone through the recording process and I helped the engineer with, and the whole experience basically sparked a huge interest for me. I have a MacBook pro so I don't think running the software will be a problem either.

Thanks man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-Core
Logic express is awesome for the price.
In my opinion its worth getting this version first so you can learn how to use the software to its fullest potential.
Upgrade if and when you feel you need the missing tools,library, etc Dont buy it because you feel you have to have them.
Happy recording :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.