Firefox in Mac

Reaction score
hi,

I've been using Firefox since i got my mac.

but today when i wanted to use it it doesnt launch.

When I press the icon on my dock it doesnt bounce or anything, then i tried from app folder window it is the same

i re-installed firefox it still doesnt work..

any ideas?

Thanks

C

chas_m

Switch to Safari until you get the problem figured out. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but we could sure use a lot more info from you regarding your setup, any third-party plugins to Firefox, anything recently changed, etc etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
From desktop, try Go > Home > Library > Preferences and trash org.mozilla.firefox.plist.

Reboot your Mac, and then see if FFox will get out of bed.

If no joy, use a third party application cleaner like ... AppCleaner or CleanApp or AppZapper ... to remove ALL FFox components before trying to reinstall it.

Another alternative to FFox, one that also comes from the Mozilla stable, is Camino. It's fast, it's far less processor-hungry, but it doesn't have all the add-on features. You can still block ads with it though.

Another maintenance task is to Repair Permissions. I recommend OnyX Titanium Software as the best there is, but you can also use Disk Utility > Repair Permissions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.