MagSafe adapter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
I have a new white unibody macbook, and whenever I plug in the charger it gets REALLY hot, and so does the battery. Just to clarify the brick does get hot, and its the same amount as the part that actually plugs into the Macbook, they both get really hot. What is wrong?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's hard to say what's wrong, but the first thing I would do is to get a new MagSafe adapter to see if that resolves the problem.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So it wouldn't come under warranty? My macbook is less than a month old!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It's covered under the warranty, but take both the macbook and adapter to apple... so they can test whether its the adapter or the macbook, and they will replace/repair if need be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
When it comes to equipment like that, for the safety of myself and the equipment im plugging into, my philosophy is to buy the best i can afford. And if i cant afford the better item when i go to buy it, ill wait until i can.
In other words i dont go cheap with electronics. The outcome of fire or damage just isnt worth the CHEAP VERSIONS ..

Cheers

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't buy a cheap version? But I will keep that in mind.

Also, my sister has a macbook so I tried using her charger and it definitely wasn't even close to the temperature when I use mine. So I will take it to an apple store I guess, how long will it take to be fixed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm sure that they'll replace the charger on the spot.

Reaction score
I have an old macbook power supply with the round end, and now have a new macbook. Is there an adapter that let's it connect to the magsafe input?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.