Scrolling acceleration

Reaction score
(After a quick google search, I'm apparently the only person in the world with this problem.)

I managed to deal with the mouse acceleration, but the scrolling acceleration is still annoying me. Is there a simple way to turn it off? Preferably by using defaults.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
/System Preferences/Mouse - Scroll, with or without momentum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
You don't see this?

Screen shot 2010-02-12 at 5.00.17 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
OK, I must have misunderstood you. When you spoke of mouse "acceleration" I thought you had a Magic Mouse and meant the new "momentum" function. You obviously don't have the Magic Mouse. So, I really don't know what you mean. The only adjustment I know of for a regular mouse is the scrolling speed slider. If that isn't it, then I'm have no idea what you're talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Maybe it is your web browser...

Have you tried changing the scroll settings on it or have you tried a different web browser?

You possibly have smooth scrolling enabled and you want it disabled or vica versa.

OP
L
Reaction score
Okay, let me be a little bit clearer.

What I want to achieve is make the wheel work as follows: Upon a full revolution of the wheel, no matter how fast was it done, I want it to scroll the same amount. As things are now, I am unable to scroll just a little bit (say, to reveal the whole paragraph that spans two additional lines under what's visible on the screen), since a tiny slide of the wheel has to be slow for technical reasons. The system registers this slowness and scrolls the screen only about one or two pixels down. Conversely, when I want to quickly scan through a high web-page, I spin the wheel quickly. And suddenly here I am, instantly at the very bottom.
This occurs system-wide, in Finder, in the browser, and other apps.

The behaviour I'm looking for is default in all Linuxes I've worked with, and also Windows (at least XP).

Those are apparently the only mentions of the problem in the first ten Google results:
[1]
[2](cons 1.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.