Sound control app

Reaction score
Is there an app that actually controls the volume on certain programs.. like say i wanna lower the volume on a game so i can play music.. can this be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
The Mac has a single sound system, controlled by the single output volume control - you're asking for dual. I know what you mean about wanting to listen to two audio sources, but one way is to mute one while listening to the other, otherwise you simply get a confusion of noise. An example: I have iTunes playing music while I play Klondike with the card sounds muted.

Not all games enable muting though - I can't play Chopper and listen to iTunes simultaneously because the game doesn't allow muting. Some games might however enable lowering the game volume to to a minimum level.

OP
M
Reaction score
best equalizer to control individual apps sound volume..

What is the best eq to control individual app sound volume to say turn down the volume of safari to play music ...any suggestions?

C

chas_m

Most of us don't really use Safari to play music. We tend to use iTunes.

Can you explain a bit more about what you're looking to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And giving it 13 minutes between posts is a little impatient. As far as being a knowledgeable forum and has been known to be quick to answer problems, just give it a little more time as the person being the most knowledgeable in this field might not be logged on at this point in time.
Just a suggestion.
And as chas_m has posted a little more info will go a long way in getting a answer ..

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah i made another thread on a diff part of this site and didnt get anything so sorry if i was being a little impatient :p ...

And im tryin to lower the volume on WoW so i can pplay music and dont feel like paying 50 dollars for the hear app..

There should be tons of app for this purpose yet i havent been able to find one except for Hear..

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
How about going into WoW's settings and lowering the the volume from it's music and sound effects sliders?

And then you can have iTunes cranked up and control it through the function keys...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
WoW definitely allows full control of it's sound settings within the app. As pointed out by Cdnalsi, there is no reason for a 3rd app to do this.

NOTE: Merged duplicate threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.