Opening up a MRIMG file with a mac

Reaction score
After converting to a Mac a few months ago I created a disk image with with Macrium Reflect to help facilitate my migration. I saved the Disk Image file on my External Hardrive and now I want to access that particular image. Can anyone help, perhaps lead me to a program that I can use to browse that image so I can extract what I need?

thanks

-Alex

C

chas_m

Since there is no Mac version of Macrium Reflect, there is nothing that will access that image. Proprietary Win-only solutions = bad.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Additionally, the Windows-based imaging tools are designed to work with an MBR and BIOS setup that you would see in a typical PC. Although the tool may run from a Boot Disc, you're not getting a solid backup.

I use and recommend SuperDuper! for this purpose. Additionally, I use Two Canoes WinClone to backup my Boot Camp partition.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Only ways I can see to access that image are going to be:

A) Installing Windows and possibly Macrium Reflect.

B) Possibly try using their Linux Rescue CD - see if your Mac will boot from that and may give you access to the files - it probably is not going to have write capability to your HFS formatted OS X partition though.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

lol I conformed and found an old Windows based PC laying around that I forgot that I had.

All is good now,

Thanks again
-Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.